Join the stampede!
In Australia, every year hundreds of thousands of animals are abandoned to shelters or the street, facing an uncertain future and the very real risk of being put down.
On Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 May you can help by joining pet lovers around Australia for a great day of fundraising fun at your local participating Just For Pets store.
Find a rescue pet on the day.
The animal shelter partners and some of their rescue pets will be at selected stores on the day. The aim is to find loving new homes for these beautiful rescue animals.
View a map of participating stores HERE
How you can help reduce pet abandonment.
Reducing pet abandonment is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Desex your pet. Desexed pets means fewer accidental litters, feral animals and strays.
- Microchip your pet. If you are separated, your furry friend can be returned to you.
- Get help! If you’re having difficulty choosing the right pet for you, continuing to care for a pet you already have or you find an abandoned animal, speak to your local Just For Pets pet experts. They know how to help.
There are two easy ways to help raise funds:
- Have some fundraising fun in store. Participating stores will have sausage sizzles, cake stalls plus raffles and door prizes.
- Make a donation. You can simply donate to one of the collection tins in store or to the Save A Life fundraising account:
Just For Pets Fundraising Account;
BSB: 032 573 Account Number: 242 302
Help spread the word to reduce pet abandonment in Australia